Thursday, October 1, 2015

Vacaciones and Fiestas Patrias!

Hello all,
Many, many greetings and lots of hugs from Chile!! Things are going very well, and the "things" that are happening are many, hence why I have not had time to post! Too many things to post as well...But all good! All good.
Starting Mon. Sept 14 we had a week of school to celebrate Fiestas Patrias, like Chilean Independence day. It was really nice, a few days of catching up on things here in the house, and then a few days with the family on vacation. On Wednesday the 7 of us (mamá, papá, Macarena, Tomasso, Antonella, me and Foco [Maca's boyfriend]) drove about 2 hours south to this beautiful place in the countryside. Los Lingues, as it's called, is like a historic Chilean estate. Now it is also a hotel and a museum, although once upon a time it was just a family's house. It was beautiful, peaceful and relaxing, and great to just spend sometime together, my chilean family :)
On Friday, September 18th Chile celebrated Fiestas Patrias! We drove home and chilled, but on Saturday we went to a "fonda" (like a festival of sorts) and then had our own "asado" (barbeque/grill out, they're super popular here, they have them all the time for everything haha) for lunch/supper. All in all it was a very relaxing and enjoyable week! Although many exciting adventures have happened since then, I'll close this post now with a few pictures :)

 Papá Chileno taking advantage of the "chilenidad" of the countryside.
 We spent a lot of time in this rec room playing on a gigantic pool table and playing a cards version of monopoly.
 Fine dining at Los Lingues! :o


 This part of the estate, the chapel, was built somewhere between 1500 and 1650. I kept hearing different dates so I'm a bit confused but I know it's somewhere in between there ;)
 We went horseback riding twice!!
 How many people get to take a selfie with a wild peacock?1
 A little video of the courtyard :)
 A few pictures I took on our bike ride!


 We learned how to make empanadas!
 A chilean dessert! Mote con huesillo. It was ok...not my favorite but I didn't especially dislike it either.

 At the end of September 18th I got the shrine all to myself as the rest of Chile was out partying and my family was sleeping, exhausted after the vacation.
 Anto playing games at a festival "fonda" we went to on Saturday Sept. 19!
 Dance floor!
 Vendors!
 Dancers!
 Rodeo! It was pretty cool!

Sorry for the long time since the last post, hopefully I'll be able to post again soon! Lots of love from Chile and greetings for OCTOBER! Can't believe it's already October...

No comments:

Post a Comment